Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy.

I talked to my mom today and she asked me if I was happy. 

For a long time being happy was not a word that I would use to describe myself but today I praise God for being so happy. 

Oh man do I have so many things to be so happy about! 

I got to meet up with a wonderful women this week and just talk about life and get to know her and it just makes me so joyful to get to hear about peoples lives and to be an encouragement to each other. 

I have tons of really amazing friends who have been so intentional this week. I have gotten emails and texts that have been so so uplifting. The thing I probably love the most is when people just send me texts telling me they love me. Such a great feeling. 

I also have been ahead on my school work this week so I feel pretty calm and therefore have had more time to spend with people and with God. 

I booked my train ticket to go home for Polar Bear weekend! For those who don't know it is a weekend retreat for Younglife! When I told Michelle's mom I was going she sent in her money to go so I am excited to spend a weekend with all of my beautiful kids. I am going to come back really happy after that weekend. Seeing teens with special needs worship Jesus brings tears to my eyes and so much joy to my heart. 

Most importantly besides all of these things I have an all powerful God. I have a God who loves me so much and no matter how much I don't feel like I am walking well with the Lord he has so much love for me. 

After a few tough weeks emotionally God has shown me how important it is to let Him bring me joy and how great his love is. Throughout many outlets this week God has shown me how much it takes to pick up the cross and follow Him.

Here is a little encouragement I came across today! Enjoy! :) 


I delight greatly in the Lord;

    my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
    and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
    and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Isaiah 61:10

Thank you for reading and if there is anything I can be praying for you about please send it my way! :) 

God is so good and I pray for you to see his goodness this week and that you find joy in that and in the gospel. 

Love, 
Allison 

No comments:

Post a Comment