Monday, October 22, 2012

Powerful.

I absolutely loved this weekend!

I got to go home which was just great. My bus home was really late to pick us up and then made us transfer into a van on the way home and I was really frustrated. As I was driving home I texted my friend who I have talked about previously in this blog who is going through radiation telling her I was praying for her.

She shared with me that it was a difficult day and she really appreciated my prayers. As I was reading her text I had a major reality check. I had no right to be complaining. God really knows how to put things into perspective for me.

When I got home my brother picked me up and he shared with me that he is seriously considering going to University of Illinois for Psychology. That was really exciting to hear because we would be living closer to each other than we are now. My brother and I don't have the best relationship but it would be cool to get to see him at school and grow our relationship.

My brothers birthday was a few weeks ago and my mom wanted to take him out for dinner for his birthday. We went to this tiny Chinese restaurant and just sat and talked and ate. It was good for all of us to just sit down and be together in one place before the weekend got crazy.

We went to the grocery store and then went home and my mom and I watched some Law and Order S.V.U and I cuddled with my kittens. :)

The next morning I woke up and went and got my hair done! I was in desperate need for a haircut and I am now a brunette!!! After that I went shopping and then met up with some friends for Portillos! (I always have Portillos when I come home!) We just went over to their house and just hung out and talked and watched videos. It was a great relaxing evening.

Then the next morning I got up and went to a Down syndrome fashion show for NADs (National Association for Down Syndrome) and it was fabulous. There was people who were between four months old and forty five year olds strutting their stuff on the cat walk.

There was a lunch served and a little dance party afterwards. Here's some pictures:


                                                         Michelle and I right before eating!


Being silly with the best girl! :)


My date for the fashion show! (Elliot-one of the boys I nanny)


Michelle in her fashion show outfit!


Lily and I! (One of the girls I babysit)



After the fashion show I went to go see John, my other buddy with Down syndrome, who has been sick this week. His family was having a wine making party-they are so cool! :)

And back to campus I went to get through another week. I am learning how much I need to rely on God's strength to get me through and not my own. Michelle is coming down Friday for a hockey game so that is always exciting! I love her to bits!

This weekend I have really seen the Holy Spirit speak through my life in crazy ways. I can't reveal too much yet but some exciting things happened this weekend.

Last week I shared that I wasn't feeling super challenged by the Lord and this week I am feeling super encouraged and excited about spreading the gospel with people and digging back into the word. The Lord works in crazy ways.

I am realizing more and more how powerful the Lord really is and how much he knows what I need when I need it and that I have no reason to be anxious or plan my own life. He will provide for me and loves me so much.

I am grateful for a weekend of relaxing, realizations, and love and for feeling renewed in the promise of the gospel.

Have a wonderful week friends! I love you all!! :)

Allison


















No comments:

Post a Comment