Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Your Love Never Fails.

What a crazy past week I have had. I don't even know where to start. 

This weekend was really great. Friday night I just hung out with a small group of friends and we just went to a couple stores and watched some T.V. Chill nights are probably the best thing. I love just hanging out and not having to try but just be with good friends. 

Saturday morning Autumn and I got up and went to the train to head to Springfield. Of course it was pouring rain but it was great to just sit and talk with her and have really great intentional time with her without having anything we had to do. 

We got there and we went to some shops and then went back to her husbands families' house and got ready for the wedding. After we got all dolled up we went to Popeyes for lunch (my first time and it was so yummy!) and then we went to the ceremony. The church was so nice and weddings are just such joyful occasions. You can feel the happiness emanating off the bride and groom and their loved ones. 

They had a pretty big gap in between the wedding and the reception so we just drove around and saw some of what Springfield has to offer. We then went to this beautiful park and took some pictures and walked around. It was perfect time because all of the trees were changing and leaves were falling. We also caught the weather at a time that it wasn't raining. 

There was a bell tower there and we went in to see how much it cost but neither of us had cash on us and we were going to go back to the car and find money but this wonderful couple heard us talking and came in and gave us money to go up. It was the sweetest thing! 

The top was beautiful!! Oh my gosh the colors were so great and it was just amazing to see the capital over the tops of the orange, red, and green trees. 

After this we went to the reception and it was outside in a tent but the inside of the tent had a floor and heater so you would have never known you were outside. Thank goodness for that because it was down pouring outside! We ate and danced and really had a blast just being goofy. 

The next day we went to her church and man was it great. They talked about the Holy Spirit which is something I learned a lot about this summer and am really interested in learning more about. The pastor answered some questions about the Holy Spirit. 

The first question was 'who is the Holy Spirit?' He reminded me that the Holy Spirit is another person but is also the same as Jesus. He shared that the Holy Spirits ministry is all about pointing people to Christ. 

The second question was 'what does the Holy Spirit do?' The Holy Spirits ultimate goal is to help me be more and more like Christ. He is there to push me and challenge me. He compared the Holy Spirit to being like a coach in sports. A coach would push me, correct me, teach me, and encourage me. Whether or not you would consider yourself a Christian if you have accepted Christ in the past you have the Spirit living in you. When the Holy Spirit came into my life not only then did I have access to God but God has access to me. 

My  role is to simply allow the Holy Spirit to have more of me and allow Him to take control of my life.  

I don't have to prove my love to God-He doesn't want my performance He wants my obedience. 

This was a big reminder that the Lord spoke into my life this weekend: He said that the worst that can happen to believers is that they die and end up in eternity with the Lord. 

I definitely don't give the Holy Spirit enough credit for all of the things he helps me do on a day to day basis and throughout my life. 

I got to Skype a friend from home who I met with this summer and just talk about life and ask some questions about a book we are reading together. I am just so thankful for the way she speaks truth into my life and the way she pushes me to look at things from other perspectives. 

Tonight I got the privilege of babysitting some wonderful kids. Gosh I just love kids they are so caring. I know I have said this before but I see so much of Jesus in kids. 

Afterwards I got to get coffee with their mom, Leslie. We just go to talk to each other about life and what was going on. It is awesome to get advice from someone who has lived what you are living right now. I am always grateful for the amazing people that the Lord has put into my life. I am thankful for the great care that people have for me. 

I am learning more and more though that I need to be turning to Lord to tell Him about exciting things in my life instead of people and that is a huge struggle for me and something that I need to go about prayerfully and seek wisdom from the Lord about. 

I pray this week that you are finding satisfaction in the Lord. That is something I am definitely struggling with this week. Although all of these wonderful things are happening this week I am just not feeling the Lord working in me. One of the big things that Leslie reminded me of is that no matter how I am feeling my status and relationship with the Lord never changes. Big reality check. 

This weekend I am going home for a Down Syndrome fashion show and if you know me well you know how excited I am about it!!! My buddies Michelle and Steve are in it so it will be great to see them and just spend time loving them. 

God is way too good to me. Don't forget to praise God for the beautiful life He has given you this week. 

Sending Hugs, 

Allison





























No comments:

Post a Comment