Monday, January 28, 2013

20!

So yesterday was the big day...I am officially in my twenties! That sounds so crazy to me. I was reminded by a friend that I beat teen pregnancy so that is a plus. ;)

The night before my birthday I got a package from a best friend with a picture frame of some pictures of us in it, it was great. Then we went to a basketball game and my roommate and I were on the jumbo-tron! It was so exciting!! Then mid way through the game my kids called me. They were having a movie night and they called me and sang to me and then each talked to me and then I got to talk to each of them and they each told me happy birthday. It just started my early birthday out right!

The next day was the big day. I went to church and then worked in the nursery second service.



After church we went to Flat Top for lunch (I got a free bowl for my birthday-YUM!) and it was just fun to be with friends and celebrate all together.


Afterwards my friend Autumn and I went to our favorite coffee shop and had a quiet time while I was waiting for my friend Tayler to come because we were going to hang out. She got there and we just talked about life for an hour and it was really great to get to know her better!



Then I went back to my room because my mom and my sister wanted to Skype but little did I know that they were coming to ISU to surprise me and take me to dinner! They had balloons and my mom gave me one hundred of the three hundred dollars I needed for my Berlin deposit. So cool! :)



We went shopping for a few things and then went to Biaggis for dinner. So yummy!! :) I had a free birthday dessert (creme brulee) that I was dying to use! It was just fun to have them there just to hang out with me, talk, and laugh.


After dinner my family left and I went over to my friend Autumns and she gave me an awesome canvas with Colossians 2:7 written on it and a tree on it! (I LOVE TREES!) And isn't she talented?! Then, just when I thought the birthday festivities were over my friends Matt and Tayler brought me an awesome homemade cookie cake!

I felt SO loved!

It was just a really great day. I would go as far to say this was my favorite birthday so far. I got to spend the day with people I love and people who love me. It just made it so clearly evident how blessed I am.

So just wanted to give a special thank you for all those who made my birthday so special! :)

Love you all!
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment