Monday, February 25, 2013

Support Letter


Dear Friends and Family:
                I hope that this letter finds you well. Let me take a minute to update you on my life!  I am currently a sophomore at Illinois State University and am studying special education. I am very excited because next semester I will begin my major courses and will really start pursuing my passion of working with children with special needs. In addition to school and studies, I am involved in a ministry on campus called Cru (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ). Cru is an international organization that meets on over 3,500 campuses throughout the world.  The Lord has used Cru over the past two years to grow my dependence on Him and break my heart for the lost on campus and around the world.
This summer, I have been given the opportunity to follow God’s call on my heart to Berlin, Germany. Berlin is considered to be a “hub for the nations.” Berlin is home to over 100,000 college students from nearly every country in the world. It also boasts the second highest population of Turkish people outside of the country of Turkey. By sharing the gospel and reaching students in Berlin, we really do have an opportunity to reach the world. My team of 15 college students and I will spend five weeks allowing the Lord to use us on the three main campuses in the city. In addition to this work, I will be blessed to acquire valuable leadership skills, to meet with a discipler, to grow in understanding of God’s word, and to gain experience that will help me become a lifelong laborer for Christ.
In order for all of this to be possible, I need to develop a team of Ministry Partners. There are two different but equally important ways that you can join my team to reach the city of Berlin, Germany and help expand God’s eternal kingdom.  The total cost of my five weeks in Berlin is $5700. Raising this amount of money is very scary and requires me to take a huge step of faith in relying on the Lord but I am confident that He will provide. Would you prayerfully considering coming alongside me with a donation of $100, $50, or some other amount? One other amount that I would like to challenge you to prayerfully consider is the amount of $150—the cost of all of my expenses for one day in Berlin. Of course, any donation is appreciated.
As I prepare, I ask for prayer that I would trust the Lord and that I would be confident that He is going to use my time there. While I am there, I ask that you pray for the health of my team, that we would bond well, for safety, and that any anxieties I have about sharing my faith would be calmed. I also ask that you would pray that the Lord would, right now, be softening the hearts of students we will talk to and opening the door for significant spiritual conversations.
Thanks for taking time to read and for your willingness to consider supporting me. Because I will be travelling internationally and it will be difficult for me to stay in contact, I will be regularly blogging to keep my supporters updated.  My blog link is: Godislightallisonneal.blogspot.com. Thank you again!

In Him,


Allison Neal

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes! I would love to to partner with you in ministry to bring the gospel to university students in Berlin! 

  • enclosed is a check made out to "Cru" for $___________
  • I've given a gift of $__________ towards your ministry online at https://give.cru.org/068454
  • I'm not able to give financially at this time, but want to pray for your summer project in Berlin. 
  • I want to sponsor you for a day and have enclosed a $150 check. 
  • I've included prayer requests or personal updates on the back ---->
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment