Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Constant.

I remember previously writing that I would come back from Polar Bear with my sweet kids and be so happy and oh boy is that an accurate statement! 

I went home on Thursday and was able to spend the night at home hanging out with my family (and cuddling with my kittens!) which was really great! I am learning to be more thankful and gracious towards my family and that is really important. 

I had the whole day Friday to just be at home because we weren't leave till five so it was nice to have a day to sleep in till eleven and watch t.v. and just take some time to rest. Rest is so important for me because I often find myself bouncing from one activity to the next without much thought. 

My mom dropped me off at the office building we all meeting at and I was instantly greeted with a million "ALLISON'S!" and hugs from my sweet kids. Immediately I felt a sense of joy and peace rush through my whole body. I was home and with those who love me so unconditionally and those who showed me what it looked like to be unconditionally loved by a gracious God. 

The weekend consisted of clubs with fun music and great talks, a color war, playing Phase 10, an open mic night, and a dance party. It was fun to just be there and be able to be silly and see kids see Jesus. 

The boy that I was working with for the weekend is just wonderful. We were singing the song "How He Loves" which has been a theme for our clubs since the beginning of the year and this boy (who is non-verbal) was smiling and looking up almost like he was feeling Jesus it was the coolest thing! :) 

I came home and headed back to campus ready to finish out the semester. 

I was talking to a friend yesterday about my growth this semester. I haven't really given myself time to think about the ways that I have grown so it was good to talk about it with her. I realized that I learned a lot about Gods consistency. 

In the past it has been easy for me to base my relationship with Christ on emotions but I am learning how powerful it is to rely on God no matter my emotions and I have seen a huge change in the way I look at my relationship with God. 

It brings me so much joy to know that His love never changes. 

I am doing an advent study right now and it is really cool to see it start from the beginning in Genesis. In the garden when Adam and Eve first fell into sin and became the broken and sinful people that we are today God made it clear that there was a promise for a redeemer. 

"And I will put an enmity between you and woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head and you will strike his heel." Genesis 3:15

The enmity spoken of in this verse is grace. God is going to return Eve to himself and away from Satan. The between "your offspring and hers" is referring to those who love self and those who love God. 

Even in the very beginning of the creation of man the promise of a savior was made. I can honestly say I have never explored this or realized this in this way so that was really cool. It is so great to see how constant God has been since the very beginning. 

I am ready for the semester to be over but I am not ready to leave campus. It is always hard to go home on a break especially when community is lacking at home. However, I know the Lord will provide women to hold me accountable and to be in community with because God provides and he is good. 

My family is going on a cruise for a week though so that will be pretty darn great! :) 

Please let me know if there is any way I can be praying for you! Be bold this week, friends. Be bold in prayer, in conversation, and in relationships. I thank and praise God for all of you reading. 

Thanks for reading I am so blessed to have such great friends! :) 

Love, 
Allison 


No comments:

Post a Comment