Monday, November 18, 2013

Peace.

This morning after my class I went in to see my math professor to take an extra credit quiz I missed due to a field trip last week.  If you know me well, you know math is not my strong suit so I was not excited to go in and take this quiz. Really, my fear of failing or not performing to certain standard got the best of me. But, this morning when I left for class I had an expectation for the Lord to work today. I didn't spend time in prayer or in the word this morning I just felt that the Holy Spirit was going to work today. 

So, I went in and took my math quiz and my teacher took a quick glance at it and told me that I had gotten all of the problems correct. I praised God. It was a cool moment of relief and realizing the beauty of trusting the Lord. I got up and was ready to leave and we got to talking about the devastation of the storms yesterday. She said that she was watching the news this morning and that someone from the Peoria news was sharing that because the people in Washington were at church, their lives were likely spared. 

The newscaster from CNN asked the man in Peoria how the people had such a sense of calm and the newscaster shared that it was because the people had big faith. 

Without even knowing I was a Christian, my math teacher boldly shared with me how encouraged she was by this.  She shared with me how she knew that the only way these people could get through this was by standing firm in their faith. Not only that, but the whole country was hearing how God can provide an unexpected peace. 

We spent a few minutes sharing about our lives and about the church that she belongs to in town. It was so so fun getting to talk to her about her faith, something that is often a hushed topic in a school setting. 

As I was walking home I was processing through what happened yesterday. Looking at the blue skies, I saw how peaceful this day was after such a crazy, surreal day. I felt thankful for Gods consistencies, I felt thankful for safety and security that can only come from the hands of God. 

Yesterday, I spent the day at Purdue and before I left we spent time in prayer for each other. I asked for prayer to seek my identity in Christ and for motivation to continue to have conversations about God. It was so sweet to see answered prayer today. While going throughout my normal day, God provided a conversation about God as a result of this crazy storm.

Praise God for his timing. I pray you are encouraged by this. If you invite the Holy Spirit to work, He will and He does. 

Love,

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment